Monday, June 20, 2016

Number Bonds :10


My son's homework inspire us to play number bond games.

 Abacus number bonds.
He had his rainbow poster for support.
The top line was 0-10 and then 1-9 and so on. I thought he would count each one but he soon realised a pattern and place 1 then 2 then 3 to the left.
I recorded him explaining this process and he was very impressed with himself.


Melissa and Doug number jigsaw dominoes. 
First he had to match the number to the picture. Then he arranged them into number bonds. The only problem is number five as there is only one.



Number flash cards 
He really liked cards at the moment so he liked this one. Some of them have written numbers on so we matched them too. He was pleasantly surprised how successful he was. ( me too)

Hopefully the activities with numbers displayed will help him learn which way to write the numbers. 

I think we are going to try with Lego next time .
Dylan 5.8


No comments:

Post a Comment