Wednesday, March 5, 2014

A-Z Science: O for Observation: Daffodil nature walk




This post is part of the A-Z series that we follow from Inspiration Laboritories 
http://inspirationlaboratories.com/o-is-for-observation-skills/
O is for Obsrvation.

We went for a walk to the shops and then the park and on the way I showed Dylan my three year old what a daffodil was and he wanted to pick one. I don't usually but I thought to build on his excitement and curiosity we will. 


Sowhen we got back we put them in a vase and  observed how it changed over the next couple of days until it opened. 
I told him we need to put them in water and we need to make sure they have sunlight. 
I asked him to predict was was going to happen. He said its hoinv to open up into a yellow flower.


I might get him to draw a before and after picture but he is still a little reluctant to draw objects and just likes to doodle.







After a few days we noticed they had opened and we observed them and he did draw a beautifu Picture .



He also made 3D daffodil cards for his two nannies for Mother's Day.

To find out how we did this visit
http://littlebrightsparks.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/science-to-art-daffodil-3d-craft-picture.html


Sarah and Dylan (3.5)

No comments:

Post a Comment